1. Stoughton Historical Society List of old houses prepared in 1929 by researchers led by Bertha Reynolds.
2. List of Homeowners on Map of 1831 prepared by Stoughton Engineering Dept.
3. Newspaper article in Stoughton Chronicle, March 1, 1934, prepared by Stoughton Historical Society, probably written by G. Lester Gay or William Capers, historians.
4. Early lists of dwellings on Bay Road, Sumner Street, and Park Street, prepared by Stoughton Engineering Dept.
5. Town maps dated 1749,1794, 1831,1854, and 1870.
6. Dedham Court, Registry of Deeds, Norfolk County.
7. Dedham Court, Probate Court, old Wills, Norfolk County,
8. Town of Stoughton earliest Tax Lists.
9. Town of Stoughton lists of Births, Deaths, & Marriages.
10. List of historic sites prepared in 1967 by Bertha Reynolds for Massachusetts Historical Commission.
11. Daniel Huntoon, History of Canton, Cambridge, Wilson, 1893.
12. John Flynn, History of Stoughton, Stoughton Public Schools, 1956.
13. Old Colony Council Historic Lists.
14. Samuel C. Webber, A Genealogy of the Southworths, Boston, 1905.
15. D. Hamilton Hurd, History of Norfolk County, Mass., Philadelphia, 1884.
16. Frederick L. Weis, Genealogy of Athertons, New Hampshire Historical Society, 1953.
17. Phyllis Batchelder, History of the Universalist Church in Stoughton.
18. Harold Curtis, Memories of Stoughton, written for the South School; taped interview, 1974.
19. Mary Swan Jones, History of the Musical Society in Stoughton, Stoughton, Mass., Revised, Frank Reynolds, 1970.
20. Historical Society Album of old houses compiled in conjunction with 1929 inventory.
21. Colonial Design Book — The Early American Life, Arno Press ,
Back to the Table of Contents
Back to the main page of www.StoughtonHistory.com